New strategy for international development cooperation
The Swedish National Audit Office has adopted a new strategy for its international development cooperation. The objective is to promote effective management and democratic development in developing countries, thereby contributing to achieve the goals for sustainable development in Agenda 2030.
The Swedish NAO’s is engaged in international development cooperation with supreme audit institutions across the world. The new strategy outlines our priorities for the upcoming four years, until 2023. The overall objective is increased transparency and functioning systems for accountability.
– Well-functioning public institutions is a prerequisite for an efficient governance of public funds and the provision of public services without corruption, says Auditor General Helena Lindberg.
Agenda 2030 and the United Nations’ goals for sustainable development is a universal agenda, agreed by all member states. The Swedish NAO will contribute to the achievement of these goals. During the upcoming four years, the Swedish NAO will:
- Increase cooperation with other Swedish public institutions who are engaged in capacity-building in international development cooperation.
- Strengthen our sustainibility perspective, including regarding gender equality and environmental considerations.
- Our methods of capacity building will be evaluated and developed on an ongoing basis and new educational methods will be tested and used in cooperation with our partners.
- Develop innovative forms of cooperation and new educational methods, in cooperation with our partners.
– Capacity on different levels is crucial to meet today’s development challenges and to reach the goals of Agenda 2030, says Catharina Cappelin, Deputy Auditor General and head of international affairs.
The Swedish NAO is currently engaged in bilateral cooperation projects in Africa (Kenya, Liberia, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe), South-East Europe (Kosovo and Moldova) and in Asia (Afghanistan, Cambodia and Palestine). In addition, the Swedish NAO is engaged in three regional projects targeting 37 supreme audit institutions in the Western Balkans, Africa and South-East Asia.
Press contact: Olle Castelius, phone: +46 8-5171 40 04.
Presskontakt: Olle Castelius , telefon: 08-5171 42 06.
Share in social media and by e-mail
Send your questions or comments via the form below and we will make sure that they reach the right member of staff. Please state if your question concerns the information on this particular page.